The best things in life aren’t things!
However, who can resist the urge to wrap up a present for that special someone and watch their eye light up when they unwrap the perfect gift. Stuck between wanting to buy stuff and not wanting to have more stuff. Here are some thoughtful, environmentally-friendly gift ideas!
Whether your idea of a great gift is an experience or an actual gift here are some fun ideas:
- Do something fun together! Attend a yoga workshop or class. Go out for a fancy dinner. Or maybe just enjoy that hike in the woods that you have been meaning to take but haven’t.
- Donate money to a cause you love. This is a great time to make a bigger impact with your gifts. Work with your friends or family to combine your buying power towards supporting a local cause or charity.
- Volunteer! You know how to do it!
- Buy them something consumable. Support a cool local business and splurge on something they would love with some fancy chocolates, tea, coffee.
- Give them the gift of self-care with a massage gift card or a 10-class pass for yoga (great deal on class passes at the JCA!).
- Really want to buy them a thing? Do your best to find a local company that offers something unique, special, useful. Ashley Flowers Yoga still has some cool swag! Check out the photos below to see my cool tanks and tees (great for you favorite environmentalists) and my handmade malas, get one custom made for your special someone (great for the meditation guru in your life)! Just shoot me an email if you’re interested in ordering.