As a self pronounced environmentalist, it has become clear to me that being an ‘environmentalist’ means many different things to many different people. To some being an environmentalist means recycling, to others it means chaining yourself to a tree to prevent deforestation and to others still it could be anywhere between those extremes.
To me, being an environmentalist means a number of things:
- Being aware of and acting to protect the health and well being of all living organisms, including my self.
- Taking steps to minimize any negative impacts that my life has on my environment and fellow beings.
- Using my energy and creativity to leave our environment a cleaner and healthier place than I found it.
- Helping other to appreciate and experience the exceptional beauty and wonder of our natural surroundings.
- Educating others about how they too can be ‘environmentalists’.
To take things a little further, I strive to be an everyday environmentalist. That means assuring that with each moment of my day I am trying to be aware of and act in accordance with the above mentioned goals.
I hope that through tips and inspirations on this blog I can help you to be an everyday environmentalist too!